Kalbarri is a great place to relax, explore and exhaust the kids! The Kalbarri visitor Centre has great information on all the events, tours and activities in and around Kalbarri – but these are my top 10 ‘kid friendly’ activities
Taming The Waves
Top 10 Kid Friendly Activities in Kalbarri – Western Australia
- Bookings:  9937 2377
- Website: www.sandboardingaustralia.com.au
- Fantastic day out to the secret harbour of Luck Bay. Practice your sandboarding skills and then take on the ‘Superbowl’ – a 280ft high sand crater!
- Fantastic river fishing for the kids in magnificent scenery – easy to catch and easy to throw back!
- Great bonding experience!
- Jetty fishing at Sunrise
- Jetty Fishing at Sunset
- Best place to exhaust the kids!
- Trampolines, 11m high ‘spider’ climbing frame, crazy golf, amusement arcade all with a pirate them
- Website: www.kalbarripirate.com
4. Pelican Feeding
- Each morning at 08:45am
- Head to the grassed area between the river mouth and the visitor centre to hear about the local pelican population and feed the pelicans
- The largest parrot free flight aviary in the country, with the biggest flock of Purple Crowned Lorikeets in the world and other brightly coloured Australian parrots.
- Cinema Parrotiso - outdoor cinema with a snack bar, wood fired Pizza and soon to be included… a licensed bar
- Website: www.rainbowjunglekalbarri.com
- Open 7 days a week (Mon-Sat 9am-5pm and Sun 10am-5pm)
- The Murchison River runs through rugged gorge terrain in the Kalbarri National Park.
- Short walks provide easy access to lookouts along the river gorge at the Loop, Z-bend, Hawk’s Head and Ross Graham Lookout.
Kalbarri Gorge Walking
7. Kalbarri Safari Tours
- Bookings:  9937 1011
- Website: www.kalbarrisafaritours.com.au
- Travel along isolated gorges, through wilderness and enjoy a 4WD and canoe adventure
- Fascinating window into the world of seahorse aquaculture
- Open Tues-Sat 10am-4pm
- Website: www.seahorsesanctuary.com.au
- Bookings:  9937 1124
- 25m ‘tri-level’ solar heated pool with 3 spa baths and poolside BBQ
- Volleyball, basketball and tennis courts
- Games Room and free inhouse movies
- Fully enclosed and gated resort – very child friendly!
- Historic Property and working cattle farm 10km outside Kalbarri
- One of the oldest and largest pastoral stations in Western Australia – settled in 1848 by Charles Von Bibra
Best Kid Friendly Restaurants
1. The Gorges Cafe
- Bookings:  9937 1200
- Mon-Fri (8am to 4pm) and Sat-Sun (8am to 2pm)
2. Kalbarri Pizza and Pasta [
- 'Best chilli crab in town'
- Phone Orders  9937 1269
- Tues-Sun (5pm till late)
- ‘Best Surf’n'Turf’ in town
- Bookings:  9937 1062
- 7 days a week from 7am till late
4. Jakes Family Restaurant
- Bookings:  9937 2222
- Open 7 days (5pm to 9pm)
- Located in the Grounds of the Kalbarri Beach Resort